Thursday, December 23, 2021

Perfect Cookie Dough Base

200g softened unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup muscovado sugar
2 whole eggs
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Combine butter, sugar, salt.  Add eggs to emulsify wet ingredients.
Combine flour, baking soda.
Mix and fold.

You can directly add desired combination of dried fruits, nuts and chips into the dough.  For this batch, I divided my dough initially into three to make different cookies.  

Preheat air fryer 180C for 2mins.  With about 5 to 6 small cookies placed on greased parchment paper, default setting of muffin/cookie (180C) for 9mins.  Here's the tricky part:  check the cookies and allow to cool for a minute then turn it over and put it back for another 2mins to allow the bottom part to bake further.  In retro, maybe I should've flattened by cookies, hmm..

I ended up with five variants. 

Not in the photo:  Rolled oats with Dates and Nuts.  Planned to be pecans only and mistakenly added the walnuts which was supposed to add crunch for the choco chip mix instead.  Also, sprinkled some cinnamon into the dough for more aroma.  I've added maybe about 2 tbsp of cocoa to the dough with Reese peanut chips no nuts.  For the cream cheese mix, I've sweetened it with 3 tsp of confectioners sugar.  Since I can't do cream cheese cake, attempted but for another entry, I made blueberry and macadamia with cream cheese mix. I probably made about 30pcs cookies of approx 25g per piece.

T-B: Oats, Dates and Nuts with Cream Cheese Fill, Blueberry and Macadamia, Choco Peanut Chips, Choco Chip with Walnuts


Perfect cookie dough base

No comments: