Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Book Review: The Sandman: Endless Nights

The Sandman: Endless NightsThe Sandman: Endless Nights by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Finally caught up with technology and was able to appreciate this graphic novel online. I relished every page and made to appreciate per frame and the whole page layout. One can read the volumes in any order but I do find it fitting to set the mood with Death and end with Destiny. Story wise, I am biased towards Dream and enjoyed Desire. I was overwhelmed with the details of Delirium and Despair, there's so much going on that will warrant countless reread.
Frame: p61 The Palace


Transition/Movement: p120 I'll let it go

Speech Bubbles: Dream's (B&W) and Delirium's (Colorful from Destruction's volume)
Portrait: p43 panel 3 Desire and that panel zoom in of the eyes

Art and Prose: p150 ".. along with the truth of the shapes of the clouds.. the secrets the wind whispers when there is no one there to listen."

View all my reviews

 

No comments: