Sunday, April 15, 2018

Review: Ready Player One

Ready Player One Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had fun making my own playlist and cross-referencing geeky online stuff while reading the book.

* * *
People who live in glass houses should shut the f*ck up. p23

No one in the world ever gets what they want and that is beautiful. p199

I was afraid, for all of my life. Right up until I knew it was ending. That was when I realized, as terrifying and painful reality can be, it's the only place when you can find true happiness. Because reality is real. p364


View all my reviews

* * *
I watched the movie expecting it to be of different storyline than the book.  Boy am I glad I had the right mindset otherwise I wouldn't have felt frustrated by the end of the flick.  I understand you can only squeeze so much details from the book and admittedly I was only able to spot a few among countless easter eggs in it.  Not a big fan of Iron Giant and would've cheered more for Ultraman.  For my lack of imagination, I did like the avatars of the High Five.

No comments: