Friday, January 20, 2012

Butter Cookies with Raisins and Nuts


Butter Cookies with Raisins and Nuts
Originally uploaded by kitakitts

Originally, the little girl requested for Gingerbread cookies and I pleaded we start with something more simple.

Ingredients:

2 cups of all purpose flour - sifted
1 cup of butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
4 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon iodized salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 medium egg

Procedure:
Mix butter, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, egg in a bowl.
Mix flour, salt, baking powder in a bowl.
Mix contents of two bowls together.

Preheat toaster oven for 5 mins at 250C degrees. Baked for about 8-10mins.

Ok here's the funny part. I don't have cookie cutters so I used clay molds :D Rest assured I washed them thoroughly hehe.

For the first batch, we had 4pcs fish, 4pcs butterfly, 4pcs star and 3 pcs flower. No nuts, just sprinkled with white sugar on top -- for the kids.

Cookies from the photo were from the second batch. I cubed one bar of Cadbury's fruit and nuts, added a couple of almonds in the batter. Yielded another 17 pcs, free molded about a tablespoon each.

If I will be motivated to bake this again, I might just add more butter, lessen the salt and probably skip the baking powder.

No comments: