Thursday, January 19, 2012

Music plays on

The Empire State Building in twilight, 2. Lights and Sounds
I just came back from my job interview(1). I was lazily napping on what looks like a rooftop and Rose popped up from nowhere(2) quite impressed with my attendance record found behind my report card. It shows that i have been absent the entire school year for only three days. me -- ah, yup (3) but that card was way back in 3rd yr highschool. She turned away and vanished in thin air still with a smile on her face (4).

Back to my cat nap, I switched to my left side only to smell cigarette smoke. Looking above, I saw it was coming from several pipes/exhaust of the coffee shop from the next building. I had to roll myself to the other side yet the unpleasant smell lingers in the air. Then I noticed a black smoke streaming from the tip of another building (5) i think it might be a cluster of cumulus clouds but there was a quick flash of red orangy light from top to bottom, the building was on fire! I immediately ran below and inform my classmates of what I saw. They are on the verge of panic but seems undecided on what to do. Run or stay, run or stay?  I, on the other hand, scrambled to my feet and descended the stairs below, one friend (6) in tow.   happy, our class rep was trying to calm everyone and remained on their seats. kitts -- sorry blah blah my daughter is more important to me.  Probably guilty for making her miss her class in case I overreacted (7).

A solemn moment.

It was only then my vision zoom out around me.  Everything was normal as it should be. the marching band (8) was in a formation practicing Besame Mucho. I saw a bronze-painted person brushing paint (of the same color) on a sun (?) sculpture of a moving wall being slowly pulled from side to side. Oddly, it was all part of the show.

1 had one last Tuesday
2 was probably getting a call and imagined her infront of me
3 I recalled that my then adviser was not accurate in recording attendance
4 deluded probably that she found the perfect candidate
5 resembles NY empire state
6 either Julie or Olgs
7 the fire might not reach our building but prolly I was worried it was an alien invasion or a terrorist act
8 SSC doesnt have any

No comments: