Monday, April 14, 2008

My Banoffe

The other night, I was torn between buying Red Ribbon's Mango Cream Pie and Banofee Pie. I ended up with the former leaving me craving for the latter.
With the little girl asleep, I thought I might just try to make my own. Normally, I would have used graham crackers for base but I'm out of stock. I remember buying a small pouch of Quacker oats flavored with Banana and Honey. I took out the butter and left it to melt at room temperature. Meanwhile, I put a box of Nestle easy whip cream inside the freezer.
A couple of minutes after, I mixed the oats with butter and a little bit of hershey's liquid chocolate and laid it in a 6" bowl. In a separate bowl, with my magic white manual plastic whisker, I whipped the cream with sugar and a dash of instant coffee. After thinly slicing one piece of latundan banana, I began to layer cream first then bananas then cream then bananas, lastly, with the cream on top. Tried to give it some artistic flare with splattered liquid chocolate and off to the ref it goes to cool until ready to serve, just the right size for two.
~~
better get those ellipticals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow it looks great!