Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Working Mom Guilt Trip

I has been two mornings when we left the house with the little girl still sound asleep. Just this morning she woke up just before we were about to leave from work. Usually, after a couple of minutes stretching here and there she will say "Watch little einsteins" or whatever cd is her current fave. However, this time, she wants us to go outside and stroll with her on her bike. I was trying to recall our recent bonding moments and I am sort of missing her right now. On weekends, we usually start the day with a morning walk to the playground, settle ourselves on a swing and sing some songs for a good 30mins. We will then walk back to the house and ready ourselves for breakfast.

I'm window shopping online for toys or stuffs that are appropriate for her age. It would be nice for her to be more active rather than watch cds the whole day. Im kind of stuck as what to do with her next. She knows how to sing the ABCs, knows how to count from 1-10 in english and spanish. She can count with you up to twenty. Seems to me though that it has been a long time since we took a serious look at our Alphabeth chart and I'm thinking maybe I should buy a Number chart as well. I'm not sure if she can recall the letters she seemed to have already "memorized" before. She still gets confused about colors :) However, I'm not really bent on teaching her all these stuffs yet as I just wanted to know how else I could play with her and the learning stuffs will be just be a "bonus" for me. We tried puzzles, but with her temperament, I think mas gusto nyang magkalat kesa magbuo :p Maybe stickers and sticker book will work and throw some strings and glue. I will have to buy her new crayons also. I think we will have some progress in arts and crafts ;) Still it doesn't address me wanting us to have more physical activities. Maybe I ought to buy her a basketball set kaya? She likes to play with balls din naman eh :p

I'm suddenly feeling restless at work, the weekdays just wont end any faster. Parang gusto ko na rin magenroll kami sa TLG Alabang :p Will have to raise this again with hubby later.

~~
No time for Cobra golf

No comments: