Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Funny kind of sad

One fine day, Dani hugged me and said..

"Laki Mami!"

* * *
blech to diet pills!
* * *

Topic during our commute last night was child memories - unusual food you ate when you were a kid. Here's a few I remember:

Rice with any or all of the following toppings: Milo/Ovaltine/Birch Tree/Nido/Sugar
Pouring brewed batangas coffee on plain rice
Star Margarine Rice
Palakang buntis - my Apong Babae (grandma) will stuff the stomach of frog with ground pork (i think) and deep fry

* * *

One grade school summer afternoon, I had nothing better to do and decided to climb the guava tree beside my grandparents house. Perched on a thin (but sturdy) branch, with the flowing brown river and green rice fields as my backdrop, I sang my heart out.

I could care less whenever a bangkero passes by every now and then.

I do think I woke up the pigs ;p

No comments: