Saturday, December 29, 2007

Yaya Concerns

I'm writing this because 1) she's asleep already and 2) just so i wont forget about these concerns.

randomly:

natutuwa ako kasi she adores dani and i let her hug and kiss my baby. i've read some mommies doesn't allow their yayas to do so. anyway, she even makes harot with her which is a good thing kasi maharot talaga anak ko. kaso sometimes i worry kasi parang mabigat kamay nya, baka pag kinikiliti nya si dani masyadong madiin or masyado na yung rough-housing nila. sometimes kasi she doesn't stop immediatey pag sinabi na ni dani na ayaw na nya.

nung nasa nova kami, she'll sometimes update me and make kwento about dani and gerah na kesyo nagaaway gnun. like one time nakakandong si dani kay mil and dani doesn't want gerah to make lambing to mil at the same time. but of course gerah being her naughty self (and i also understand she also wants mil attention) she insisted to share mil's lap. so according to yaya, paglumalapit si gerah, sinasabunutan daw ni dani si gerah. now my concern is somehow yaya finds the whole thing funny. that the way she told me the whole scenario as if there's a tinge of pride in her that dani now actually knows how to fight back. i love my child and as much as i dont want her to be an underdog, i dont want to tolerate her hurting someone else either. you guys might think this is petty stuff but i'll just tuck this in my mind for future reference just in case things get worse.

another thing on gerah and dani. i appreciate yaya siding on dani, whenever there's an inggitan or fight between the two (you know nman kids, mine's better than your's or don't touch my stuff but i want your stuff kind of fight, kids being kids). however sometimes parang hmm.. she's flaming the fire. alam mo yung para din syang batang kumakampi parang pinapatulan nya si gerah (which is so mataray din kasi). kasi if it was me, i'll handle it differently eh. pagbabatiin ko sila, although my heart goes out to my child and even if i do want her to have the upperhand, i dont want her to grow a brat and selfish. note to self, i'll ask sil's or mil's observation on this next time.

the other night, gerah excitedly grabbed my hand telling me she's learned her ABC's through her new toy. Which turned out pala are numbers hehe and the toy is actually one of the gifts dani received from a friend. I assumed hubby gave it to gerah so I didn't make a big deal out of it anymore kahit na I was actually excited to use the said toy to teach dani numbers in the future. I said to myself there will always be other toys. Later I found out that yaya was actually the one who gave it to her. Yaya casually told me so herself, "binigay ko kasi yun kay gerah". Nagulat talaga ko and I don't really know what so but "ah ok." Whatever possess her to be so generous as to give something she doesn't own in the first place, I do not know.

i'm starting to get paranoid of her. maybe i'm not taking her for granted too much that maybe she knows too much about us. it's all good if only she keeps it to herself. diba nga i try to always just look at a persons good points so i dont think she'll make chismis about us. ok, i wont try to be specific as you guys will then know more than you should about us hehe so let me just say that with my short talks with sil (who chats with yaya), yaya tells her a thing or two which i think is not proper. why would they even talk about it is beyond me, tsk. now i don't want to think anymore as to why sil shares with me what yaya shares with her. ahh, it's just too much to think. why doesn't people just mind their own business no? and just ask directly if they want to know or express something.

so now i'm thinking it's kinda like telling myself to ask yaya what other stuffs has she been telling everybody else para i can stop speculating that she's making chismis about us :p pero that's a different thing naman as if matanong ko yun diba? :p

anyways, i feel bad thinking all these concerns kasi mabait naman sya. pero pano kung hindi naman pala sya mabait talaga haha. i haven't discussed this with hubby yet. i just want to blind myself and really believe that i've scored a perfect yaya :p tolerable pa naman ang concerns. better to have one than have none, diba? caution and monitoring lang talaga kelangan haay.

3 comments:

M0rN1nG & N!cE said...

I hope you'll be able to clear out the issues that you have with your yaya. Maybe you can talk it out with her. :)

N!cE
http://www.nicemorning.net
http://www.mommastuff.com

Anonymous said...

i can relate to your concerns. My yayas are like that. Ok naman sila kaya lang minsan sumosobra na. Sometimes I asked myself -- What can I do? I need them to care for my kids. Kaya lang, oh well... As one of ninangs told me, "weigh what is important to you. If their shortcomings outweighs their usefulness then its time to let them go but if not, just grit your teeth and accept it." One thing that assure me though is that I know that both of them really care for my kids. I can tell because my kids love them back. Oh well, just want you to know na hindi ka nag-iisa sa yaya blues mo. As working moms, we all have it. =(

Me said...

hi cairo,

salamat for emphatizing with me :D she's still with us, so far no major issues naman :D finding a perfect yaya is like a needle in the haystack diba, so gnun na nga lang ;)

happy sunday!